Hey Standard Chartered! Get ready for a World’s Coolest Intern application that will shake things up!
It’s pretty simple…
I believe there’s three rules for social media (click for examples):
Curious about what I’ve been doing for the World’s Coolest Intern comp? Check out my campaign diary.
Also read this blog for some marketing posts inspired by being in the World’s Coolest Intern.
A bit about me
My name’s Katherine – I’m an Australian-born Chinese girl currently finishing final year uni in Adelaide, and trying to move to Singapore.
Random facts: I nearly became a competition gymnast. I’ve been in a cake fight. I’m teaching myself French. (Slowly.)
I love marketing; it’s a field where I have to do all kinds of things that I love, like photography, writing, finding out what gets other people excited, dressing nicely and being up to date with cool and quirky things. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it.
Why I’d be a great candidate for working on Breeze
- I’ve got an intrapreneurial, creative outlook. I don’t just want to answer the brief; I want to solve the problem and create more business opportunities while I’m at it.
- My marketing/social media consulting background means I know what I’m talking about, but my Investment Management Certificate from CFA UK means I also have a good understanding of the core product.
- I work hard…and play harder. (Right now I’m doing final year law, freelancing as a content producer and running a fashion show. I enjoy two out of three of these.)
- I talk to a variety of people at all levels of business and completely different industries. They’re the people I want to create a better customer experience for.
- I’m an international candidate for an international bank - I’ve worked in Australia, Singapore and the Czech Republic, and travelled to even more places. (Check out my ‘Where I’ve been’ map)
- Though I’ve done a lot, I’m still hungry for more experiences. I’m a fast learner and taking on new things all the time, but I want more!
- I practically live on Facebook, Twitter and WordPress. Yeah, I know.
- I was already considering applying for one of Standard Chartered’s management graduate programs in Singapore before World’s Coolest Intern came out.
- I’m with the team consensus on paper over plastic and Coke over Pepsi. And should a discussion of fruits and vegetables come up, I can bring a much-needed balance to the pronounciation discussion – it’s TO-MA-TO, not to-me-to!
Still got questions? Email me – worldscoolestintern [at] gmail.com
My TED-style pitch for one of my product ideas:
An idea to make saving social:
More to be released post-comp
Why should I be the World’s Coolest Intern? Well, here’s what the punters had to say.
What I’ve done before
You’ll find proof of what I’ve done all across the web.
Whether you read The Grass Is Greener On the Internet, check out positions I’ve held on LinkedIn, say hi on Twitter, read my Twitter article on Evan Carmichael or find out how I made technology sound simple for Solar Shop Australia (they’re a great bunch, say hi from me), you’ll find the same thing – I’m passionate about marketing and doing better business.
I’ve built websites from coding to content and was blogging before it was cool. I’ve written social media training manuals and strategy docs, seeking out the best options for the purposes of each client.
My Adelaide fashion blog caughtcouture (it’s on Facebook too) has reached the top million sites in the world within 2 months of getting an Alexa ranking (and now sought out by PR firms for event coverage). I’ve become a connector for the fashion bloggers in Adelaide, running meet-ups and a design challenge/fashion show.
I’ve also been a part-time marketing freelancer/consultant for most of my uni career, quietly creating content and generating ideas in NFP, media, tech retail and health. I’ve also volunteered a lot of time for causes I believe in, such as being a Communications VP for AIESEC, Project Manager for GAPS Australia and intern for CSR Asia Singapore.
Pretty much everything I’ve done has come from my own initiative, taking up every opportunity I can!
There may be giveaways on Facebook so watch out for them – plus if I win the party will be…wait for it…LEGENDARY
14 Comments so far
Leave a comment